Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bugera Nuke Blowout or are you a gambler?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnny Crab

Bugera Nuke Blowout or are you a gambler? Empty
PostSubject: Bugera Nuke Blowout or are you a gambler?   Bugera Nuke Blowout or are you a gambler? EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 11:26 am

Just got paid and ran across these being blown out by Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Bugera-Ultrabass-Bi-Amping-Amplifier-Compressor/dp/B0024OS6T2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356891662&sr=8-1&keywords=Bugera+BTX3600

I had been looking for an "all in one", this qualifies, and it will push ACME's(figure 450~600 watts per side actual) and the other cabs here. At the price, I could not say no(and FREE SHIPPING on a 50 pound amp LOL!). At the price, I could not say no.
I'll amp-clamp it here(outside with cabs cranked) to see what the REAL amp draw is. Nay-sayers indicate needing a dedicated circuit, etc. IMO, Bugera put that in there because at insane levels(not me) this thing WILL pull some juice and IF the circuit has other stuff on it.....you could experience LOW VOLTAGE into the Nuke. THAT would cause it to draw more amps to keep the watts out constant which COULD cook the amp. I've seen walwarts go boom and let their smoke out on bad(low voltaged) circuits.

PS: Yes I know it's a sister of Behringer so it is a gamble. No problem, there are QSC's and preamps here too AND the Behringer gear here(Kx1200's, BX1200's, tube preamps, Bass POD) all works after years of use(knocking on wood). This is primarily to use as a standalone head AND to drag to provided-FOH gigs to clear up the "I can't hear you" crap.
The name should irritate/amuse bandmates too.
For those gigs, the small rack with SansAmpRBI, dbx166xl, and QSC2402 will be parked on top of the Nuke as a backup.
$228 total.
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Bugera Nuke Blowout or are you a gambler?   Bugera Nuke Blowout or are you a gambler? EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 2:06 pm

I tried one out thru a mesa 41015 vintage cab.

Then this .........

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/BX1500

Waaaaay better sounding amp at a great price. Tube preamp makes all the difference.

I have a bx1200 and even without the tube pre, it's a very powerful great sounding amp.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Bugera Nuke Blowout or are you a gambler?   Bugera Nuke Blowout or are you a gambler? EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 3:15 pm

the TB'ers started a thread about that yesterday, now as of 8pm EST, there are 7 left, and the cost has dropped to 208.95
I got an end of year bonus from work, but for me since I have preamps out the wazoo, it would be a waste even if it never blew up for as much as it weighs and 3 rackspaces and not 2.

For a couple hundred I could buy a Crown XTI 3000 ( the predessesor of the XLS lightweight @25lbs )- and feel more confident when I hit the power switch....
Just not in the works for me, but hell - 200 bucks free ship...hmm. I could never resell it anyway due to the rep of Behringer.
My giotarplayer had a bugera combo, sounded great right up to the day it stopped working. sent it back got another it did the same thing and he ended up using my Randall and his old 4x12 for out next gig...no more for him either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Bugera Nuke Blowout or are you a gambler?   Bugera Nuke Blowout or are you a gambler? EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:16 pm

Yeah. I spent the Christmas gift music funds on a 60 watt 212 all tube guitar combo. My guitar sounds as good as my basses now!

Starting to save for the next bass trem build. No finances for bugera.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugera Nuke Blowout or are you a gambler?   Bugera Nuke Blowout or are you a gambler? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bugera Nuke Blowout or are you a gambler?
Page 1 of 1