Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
amimbari

amimbari

so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny Empty
PostSubject: so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny   so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 12:46 pm

yes after 2.5 years of constant headaches with the CW band I finally told them I was quitting...why?

too many peas in the pod, meaning everyone wants what they want for themselves and not for the band...ok fine.

I told him 6 months ago not to book any 100.00 or freebies, at that time he was good with it until now he HAD to have a frikken baby with his girl who he cant marry because if he does she will be screwed with his back-child support.

so 3 shows in Sept coming up and then I'm done WHY would I care when I have a job???

because 2 friends of mine just kicked out their bassplayer and singer and asked me to join..this new band has no issues booking 500+ gigs and already has 4 shows in the schedule close to our city in Aug and October Smile They showed me in 3 years of casual booking at 500+ they made almost 65,000 dollars playing out --ya baby Smile

so that's it. I am now part of a band called No More Johnny, and will actually get paid for playing covers and no more freebees --HORRAY!!!

so although this is the rant section, I'm actually expressing my joy of changing bands.

Last edited by amimbari on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny   so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:45 pm

Congrats, Bro! Heck, since I don't have "Cheers Room" section, and given the fact of what you went through to get to this point, I think this is exactly the right place for this news. Awesome! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny   so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:02 pm

as far as loyalty will go when it comes to cover bands, I just am getting old honestly and I need to make the gigs count.

to show you how musical friends in a smaller city get around, heres the short story.

the drummer and lefty guitarist were in CW...ok fine but they would not put up with the freebies and far travel gigs for peanuts..ok they asked me when they were leaving if I wanted to come along and I said no. This was about 6 months ago.

they went back to their old band NoMoreJonny and played a bunch of gigs despite their bassplayer and singers shinanigans to make money again and did their thing while we did ours again.
their bassplayer and singer were royal pains for too long and they fired them. They asked me again and I said yes, so it's not like I had to audition or anything, just change bands...lol

amazing what 6 months into the future can do and now I am in a band with 2 leftys in it once again, and to celebrate I bought this thing for CHEAP, and this will be the donor neck for the Tbird project. The CMG righty Mike will just fix and I'll keep it for the collection - ---
so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny KGrHqMOKm4E4PQ8eyQBOGcZguhp_12
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny   so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:45 am

Congrats, sounds like a great deal for you, & your one heck of a great bass player, so they got lucky as well.

Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny   so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:19 am

thanks BD, like you I'm old and cant run around gallivanting all over the galaxy like I used to unless it is "worth" it

Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny   so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:03 pm

Mike, you deserve to play with better and more professional musicians.

I have very little tolerance these days for bandmates monkeyshines. Everyone has problems, let's talk about it and see if we can fix it. It continues ... good bye.

.... and none of my problems were ever tolerated.

Im lucky im playing with good musicians there days. Its taking forever to get our music on a stage, but who cares. At least its because we're taking it easy as opposed to everyones excuses.
Back to top Go down
Sly

Sly

PostSubject: Re: so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny   so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:39 pm

Congrats and good luck with the new band.

It's always a bi**h when band politics screw the vibe of the music...
Back to top Go down
http://www.slyonbass.com/
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny   so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:22 am

thanks SLY, ya I was at the auditions so far for my replacement ( since the singers house where we practiced is 5 minutes from me )...

there were 2 people already, both qualified as replacements. they won't be as fancy or flashy as me, but it's not about the "show-off" factor in this type of cover band, just a pocket player who can do the job correctly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny   so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny Empty

Back to top Go down

so long Code Whiskey band - hello No More Johnny
Page 1 of 1