Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi, another new bassperson!

Go down 
+2
madmike
metalmanbass
6 posters
AuthorMessage
metalmanbass

Hi, another new bassperson! Empty
PostSubject: Hi, another new bassperson!   Hi, another new bassperson! EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:20 pm

Hi, My names Jamie. I just signed up, right now I have a bb605 yamaha, first and only bass I have ever had, although I have borrowed and cherished p basses and rickenbackers from friends. I am going to buy a new 4 string, of the pointy variety, probably a dean ml bass, and re-paint/ put a tremolo on it, when I save up enough. I play in a band, but not proffessionaly. Anyhow, Just thought I'd introduce myself! thanx!
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: Hi, another new bassperson!   Hi, another new bassperson! EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:08 pm

yo ... welcome and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Hi, another new bassperson!   Hi, another new bassperson! EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:23 pm

Very nice! We'll help you get the most out of your tremolo project!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Hi, another new bassperson!   Hi, another new bassperson! EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:03 pm

Welcome to the asylum! Great to have you aboard! Wink

Anyone here can tell you that I love Yamaha basses, my favorite being the old BB300 series. I have also owned a couple of RBX basses, and they were cool, but not like the BB300's were.

Does the Dean ML bass look like the guitar, as in what Dimebag played? It's a cool design!
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Hi, another new bassperson!   Hi, another new bassperson! EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:19 pm

Yeah its the Explorer/V with the forky headstock.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Hi, another new bassperson!   Hi, another new bassperson! EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:24 am

a Dean ML is over priced for what you get unless you buy it used ( the gang here knows I KNOW what a pointy bass should look like ) Wink

have a great time reading thru the threads here Jamie, and hope to see some nice bass pics from you soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
metalmanbass

PostSubject: Re: Hi, another new bassperson!   Hi, another new bassperson! EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:56 am

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!
Tanks also amimbari for the heads-up, I'll see if I can get a used copy, as I'm planning to change it quite alot anyway, and a few scratches probably wouldn't be a problem as i'll paint it anyway.
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Hi, another new bassperson!   Hi, another new bassperson! EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:10 am

you want pointy? go find one of these units if they even made them in righty Shocked

for 100 bucks it was one of the best cheap basses I ever bought. ( yes it required a little modding to make it playable, but I still like it a lot )
Hi, another new bassperson! P1010214
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: Hi, another new bassperson!   Hi, another new bassperson! EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:36 am

You'll shoot your eye out kid!

Welcome to the land of madness
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Hi, another new bassperson!   Hi, another new bassperson! EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:35 pm

metalman--one big thing that you want to look for in a bass that you're going to put a trem on (apart from having enough real estate between the pickup and the end of the body) is the string angles on the headstock. A Dean or Jacson headstock or anything with a string tree or extreme angles off the nut can cause problems with tuning stability.

And amimbari--don't the Dean ML basses run at like $300 new?
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: Hi, another new bassperson!   Hi, another new bassperson! EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 7:10 pm

ya, they are not that expensive and do play well according the the masses on TB. Dropping a Kahler on it? I dunno...never saw one with one on it.

I will say this M-man, I've had 2 Charvels that has had Kahlers on them, and there are no issues for it staying in tune even after just noodling divebombs on it, and it has a body to neck height ratio that will allow your installer to flat mount it and not have to take the extra time to recess rout it like so many others.

But you have to be into Jacksons to appreciate them enough in order to even think about spending money to add one to it, but I guess the same applies no matter what the brand name.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Hi, another new bassperson!   Hi, another new bassperson! EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 7:15 pm

My Kelly stays in tune well as long as the strings are new. I just don't change the strings often.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, another new bassperson!   Hi, another new bassperson! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi, another new bassperson!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Introductions and greetings :: Tell us about you!-
Jump to: