Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So what's different about this place now?

Go down 
+5
Darkstrike
Mo Beach
amimbari
Chowderboots
EricHaven
9 posters
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

So what's different about this place now? Empty
PostSubject: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Yes, it is true that I will miss some things about the old board, mostly the almost 5,000 articles we managed to post that are forever lost. And the other board was slightly easier to edit, as the controls made a bit more sense to me. And since the old site was my first board, it does make me a little sad to have lost it. But as they say, onward and upwards!

I will say this about our new hosts at phpBB. They have an excellent record of service that has made them one of the leading forum board hosting sites, so I think we will be safe here from any "catastrophic errors".

This new board also has some features that the other board did not have. For example, you can directly post YouTube videos, instead of just the links. This board also features self-hosting of pictures, which means that you can upload pictures directly from your computer (although, this might have been a feature that the other board had, and maybe I just never noticed since I always had my pictures hosted on either Photobucket or MySpace). You can also input Flash items (although I'm not a big fan of Flash programs, since they tend to slow down a PC, and they are also bandwidth hogs).

We also now have a greater collection of smileys! alien cheers rendeer cherry sunny drunken cyclops lol!

And I'm kinda diggin' the gothic/metal look of the graphics.

So let me know what you guys think. Does it work? study

Last edited by EricHaven on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:45 am

Yes! Very Goth-y layout!Not at all bad, I don't think.

I agree--very pity about the old one. But yeah...**** happens. I'm glad you picked up and made a new one so quick. Now I have something else to do when I'm not at work What a Face
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:15 am

Well, I certainly wasn't going to let it all go just because of some "catastrophic error" at the old site. This community means too much to me for that. Meaning, you guys mean too much for me to simply toss it all aside. Wink
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:37 am

I know...that is quite a shame. Well, here's to the rebirth of a unique community!
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 6:04 am

well it was a shame, but we will fill it up with NEW, and OLD stories. As far as the knowledge that was lost between the few members who were here since aug08, I'm sure everyone remembers something, and if they don't then hell--we will start the topics up again ...haha

and ya, this board has more silly emotioncons, and embedding enabled, so the vids can show up here Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
Mo Beach

Mo Beach

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 9:13 am

I bet it was the Russians! rabbit
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 9:29 am

Mo Beach wrote:

Nah dude, you're far off......

Wink
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:51 pm

It's great too see the usual lunacy from you guys! Laughing

One of the other cool features is that any board hosted by phpBB also gets more web search engine results, meaning that they come up more when folks go looking for things. So I think we'll get more visibility this way. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:07 pm

If anyone has a Wikipedia account, it would be handy to update the Kahler page with our new address.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:14 pm

DOH! That was me that originally did that! Thanks for reminding me, Bill!

(runs off to Wikipedia to update web address for the bass trem forum page)
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:29 pm

Fantastic!
Back to top Go down
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Darkstrike wrote:
Mo Beach wrote:

Nah dude, you're far off......

Wink

Why blame me.....

BTW i am back!! afro
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Uh-oh! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:28 am

Oh no...not the Russo-Canadians!! No

I wish there were more metal smileys...and I miss the :mrgreen:, but if that is the greatest of my worries, I think that I am pretty well off. lol!

Nice...the new BTF is open for business with open arms...and will you open this jar of pickles for me? What a Face
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:41 am

Oh, c'mon now, Martin! A big, strapping young lad such as yourself can't open....this....this....

(starts smacking pickle jar against the counter)
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:44 am

Hold on, let me get the Pro-Grip DL-400 I got off eBay!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:44 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:17 pm

Mo Beach wrote:

it was the c.h.u.d. s
Back to top Go down
madmike

madmike

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:21 pm

yeah ... i was real busy last week and this past weekend so i didnt put effort into finding everyone.

the dust has settled ... got 2 drummer auditions lined up, new pa system and got the old peavey head back up and running, so its back to here filling you guys in on all the gorey details.

i gotta set my profile up first ........

i like the new smileys ..... sunny
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 4:01 pm

Alrighty then! Welcome back, Mike! Wink
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 8:31 am

and from me also, welcom back Mike/Chowder/Eric/BoBo/MB/DarkStrike uh....if I DID forget anyone forgive me farao
Back to top Go down
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:56 pm

amimbari wrote:
and from me also, welcom back Mike/Chowder/Eric/BoBo/MB/DarkStrike uh....if I DID forget anyone forgive me farao

Evil or Very Mad

They always forget the noobs....
Back to top Go down
Mo Beach

Mo Beach

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 5:38 pm

Where's Hans?
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 5:59 pm

He's here now. Cool
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:29 pm

Cool....kinda getting patched back together Very Happy
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 6:56 am

ya see, I knew I forgot someone(s), sorry NOR, and Hans.

anyone else? albino
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 6:27 am

I'm here, glad to be aboard!

I wondered what happened.

Thanks for keeping the boat floating Eric!
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 6:40 am

welcome back B-dog Smile
Back to top Go down
Barklessdog

Barklessdog

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 6:51 am

Hopfully this is not going to be like another board that changed sites monthly, loosing info so many times I just gave up. Not that I ever want to say anything more about it.

Upward & onward!

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 10:19 pm

Hey, welcome back, Barkless!! I was wondering about you. Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 10:46 pm

Welcome back, BD! And since this board is hosted by a much more stable system, I don't imagine we'll be having to move again.
Back to top Go down
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 1:02 am

Chowderboots wrote:
Yes! Very Goth-y layout!Not at all bad, I don't think.

I like it too, probably for the same reason... it's METAL!!! \m/ Twisted Evil \m/ \m/ Twisted Evil \m/ \m/ Twisted Evil \m/

Anyway, Too bad about the board No. I'm starting to like this one, though Very Happy. As you can see, I'm already enjoying the new smileys

That, and it's like 1AM, and I shouldn't be on here

I LUV TEH PIRATE!!!111!!!11!!!!!!!1

pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat

AND THE PHARAOH !!!!!
farao farao farao farao

AND SANTA
santa santa santa santa santa

i should get to bed...

lol!
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 1:07 am

I know, dude. A fresh start can be good, no matter what.

Go to bed when you want. I'm having some hot soup and I'm finishing up listening to A Matter Of Life And Death (think what you want. I love it!).
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 1:10 am

Chowderboots wrote:
I'm finishing up listening to A Matter Of Life And Death (think what you want. I love it!).

I saw them live on that tour, when they played the album track for track.

Think what I want eh?

I think its a good choice! sunny
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 1:15 am

Indeed. I wish that I could have caught them then. But I did catch them on their Back in Time. My friend Dustin is going to see them in Florida for their last gig on this tour. He must be pumped, the bastard Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what's different about this place now?   So what's different about this place now? Empty

Back to top Go down

So what's different about this place now?
Page 1 of 1