Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It amazes me what dirt I find after digging!

Go down 
+2
NoobOnRoad
EricHaven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

It amazes me what dirt I find after digging! Empty
PostSubject: It amazes me what dirt I find after digging!   It amazes me what dirt I find after digging! EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:01 pm

OK....again....I'm not terribly proud of this one, but it does have me using my Kahler quite a bit. Once again, me with the Van Halen tribute Hot For Teacher, performing live at Blake's in Berkeley CA sometime during the summer of 2003. I believe this was shot using the same hand-cam that was used when we played in Modesto that same year, so the audio is still kinda so-so. That, and it was about 100 degrees in the club....plus the fact that we were all pretty lit at this point in the evening. But for you Guys, I'll post it anyways. Wink

This is me doing my bass solo as well as the intro for Mean Streets before the rest of the band comes in with me to finish the tune. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
NoobOnRoad

NoobOnRoad

PostSubject: Re: It amazes me what dirt I find after digging!   It amazes me what dirt I find after digging! EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:34 pm

Wow, that was some awesome shredage!!!!
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: It amazes me what dirt I find after digging!   It amazes me what dirt I find after digging! EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:47 pm

haha 90's wanking at it's finest -- Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/amimbari
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: It amazes me what dirt I find after digging!   It amazes me what dirt I find after digging! EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 9:13 pm

OK........I'm not terribly proud of this video, but it does have me using my Jackson quite a bit. Once again, me with the IronMaiden tribute Powerslave, performing live at Dougherty's Pub in Johnstown, PA sometime during the summer of 2001 according to the sticker on the tape. this was shot using the same hand-cam that I STILL USE TO THIS DAY, so the audio is just like my basement videos. It was about 80 degrees and smokey as hell in the club....plus the fact that our singer was pretty drunk at this point in the evening, our drummer was coked up, and our bassplayer was probably on his third joint by now. But for you Guys, I'll post it anyways. Wink

I was lazy and used Eric's speech --hahaha tongue

Holy s****! Shocked

I'm speechless.
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: It amazes me what dirt I find after digging!   It amazes me what dirt I find after digging! EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:02 am

OH, I thought this was gonna turn into a find your dirt videos thread so I posted one from back in the day but I could never upstage that performance

he does it because he's an old man and has been doing it for a long time on a bass he made sure was set up properly to do that stuff on....( and I think he had some special thing for Billy Sheehan ) lol Smile

reminds me of a guitar player minus the ego --
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: It amazes me what dirt I find after digging!   It amazes me what dirt I find after digging! EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:34 pm

Actually Mike, it was meant more as a "look-Eric-actually-found-some-video-of-himself-playing" thread. Laughing

BTW, great video you posted, Bro! Your singer sounds awesome! And look! A captive audience of one! Laughing

And of course, I had/have something special for Billy. But there's about a dozen other players being represented in that solo as well. The wrist bands maybe? I have pictures of me doing the exact same thing several years before hearing about Billy. Of course, Billy himself once accused me of stealing even that concept from him! LOL! Laughing

Oh yeah! Tekkentool, you asked me about my pinch harmonics. Sorry! Got lost for a bit! Laughing I am proud to say that, despite this sounding like a trademark Sheehan lick, I did not get my technique from Billy at all. Billy uses a pinch technique with his thumb and the nail on his index finger, but I found that I simply couldn't do it. I got my technique from none other than the late, great Jaco Pastorius. For the life of me, I cannot remember where I saw him do this, but basically it involves sticking my thumb out so that it rides sideways along the string to almost mute it, then I pluck the string with my index finger. So instead of being a "pinch", it comes out to more like plucking a harmonic.

Did I make any sense? I'm not sure if I did. scratch

Last edited by EricHaven on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
big_mits

big_mits

PostSubject: Re: It amazes me what dirt I find after digging!   It amazes me what dirt I find after digging! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:11 pm

Please refer to Kugelspot's new avatar for my expression after watching those videos. Laughing

And Eric, I just tried what I think you wrote, and I'm thinking I'll be practicing that for a while... That's hard! Shocked I also never got what pinch harmonics in the first place, so maybe that's why it seems hard. What a Face

And everything made sense up until the last sentence. I think you forgot something. Wink
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: It amazes me what dirt I find after digging!   It amazes me what dirt I find after digging! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:30 pm

A-ha! Here it is! Wink

Now, the only difference is that I am also taking the fretted note, and bending it up as I do the pinch.

See?

And yes, Mits. I did leave out the word "sure", but I fixed it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
tekkentool

tekkentool

PostSubject: Re: It amazes me what dirt I find after digging!   It amazes me what dirt I find after digging! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 5:35 am

Thank you so much eric! this is working a lot better than my old method... i'd just lump my fore, and second finger on top of each other and fake a pick, this is much better! thanks again! Can't believe how helpful all you guys are!
Back to top Go down
amimbari

amimbari

PostSubject: Re: It amazes me what dirt I find after digging!   It amazes me what dirt I find after digging! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 7:18 am

you know out of the million videos out there Eric HAD to find one from a lefty player..lol
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: It amazes me what dirt I find after digging!   It amazes me what dirt I find after digging! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 12:55 pm

tekkentool wrote:
Thank you so much eric! this is working a lot better than my old method... i'd just lump my fore, and second finger on top of each other and fake a pick, this is much better! thanks again! Can't believe how helpful all you guys are!

You're very welcome, TK! That's why we're here! Wink

amimbari wrote:
you know out of the million videos out there Eric HAD to find one from a lefty player..lol

I thought you'd get a kick out of that one, Mike. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It amazes me what dirt I find after digging!   It amazes me what dirt I find after digging! Empty

Back to top Go down

It amazes me what dirt I find after digging!
Page 1 of 1