Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rotosound RB 45 Nickel Roundwounds

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Rotosound RB 45 Nickel Roundwounds Empty
PostSubject: Rotosound RB 45 Nickel Roundwounds   Rotosound RB 45 Nickel Roundwounds EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 6:43 pm

I bought these off eBay to give them a spin, and I have to say that I have been extremely impressed with them so far. I have used one other Rotosound nickel set in the past, but they were different from these.

They are much brighter than other nickels I have tried before, and they stay in tune on my Kahler rock solid. They have a great piano tone, and play really easily.

Rotosound RB 45 Nickel Roundwounds Stringsandbeyond_2074_49043672
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Rotosound RB 45 Nickel Roundwounds   Rotosound RB 45 Nickel Roundwounds EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:00 pm

I think these strings are new--I've never seen them before. The only other set I'm aware of being the set that I've got on my BTB.

Speaking of piano strings, I might give the Rotosound Piano String Design strings a try on my Hamer, if I can find out more about them. From what I understand, the core contacts the saddle. When I get the bridge back on my Hamer, that might be just the ticket to raise the saddles on the Kahler enough so that the strings aren't bottoming out on them.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Rotosound RB 45 Nickel Roundwounds   Rotosound RB 45 Nickel Roundwounds EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 11:11 am

You may right, Martin. I would only point out that they might break sooner, since the core of the string would be wearing down directly on the roller as the outer windings would not be there to protect the core. But if you aren't abusing them too badly, this might not be an issue. At any rate, it wouldn't hurt to at least try them out as an experiment. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Kugelspot

Kugelspot

PostSubject: Re: Rotosound RB 45 Nickel Roundwounds   Rotosound RB 45 Nickel Roundwounds EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:43 pm

^I've never heard of that happening, but I have heard that you have to install them in some special way thats kind of a pain in the ***. Supposed to be good strings though.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: Rotosound RB 45 Nickel Roundwounds   Rotosound RB 45 Nickel Roundwounds EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Uh huh. That's good to keep in mind.

That's what I've heard, but I'm not sure exactly what putting them on entails. Do they not come with ball ends or something?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rotosound RB 45 Nickel Roundwounds   Rotosound RB 45 Nickel Roundwounds Empty

Back to top Go down

Rotosound RB 45 Nickel Roundwounds
Page 1 of 1