Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

dont fret

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
madmike

madmike

dont fret Empty
PostSubject: dont fret   dont fret EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:42 am

i know i've talked to you guys about it before and we've all gone back and forth about it.

yesterday, i spoke with this cat named shaun. this is about all i know about him except for the fact that he apprenticed for ken smith for 2 years. the bass he is currently using is pretty cool and he built it himself in his basement basicly from scratch. just like me, he's not happy with the products that the big mainstream companies offer, so he makes what he wants himself.

he was telling me, the majority of the time he apprenticed with smith was him learning fretting.

he told me that he'de be happy to sit down and talk shop. he said he could get me headed in the right direction with tooling (the right tools), step by step, tips and techniques and what to look out for with doing a fret job. he assured me that, with minimal expense and some practice, theres no reason i cant do fretjobs like a professional luther myself.
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

dont fret Empty
PostSubject: Re: dont fret   dont fret EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 6:02 pm

That's great, MadMike! Wink Nothing like having the guidance of a master!

Please share with us what you can, as I'm sure we could all benefit from the knowledge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com

dont fret
Page 1 of 1