Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Toob Works!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Toob Works!!! Empty
PostSubject: Toob Works!!!   Toob Works!!! EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:19 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=300316883514

Just snagged it! EXACTLY like what's in my friend's amp, except bigger and all the knobs are laid out the other way around, but same panel!! Oh man I am SO PUMPED RIGHT NOW! The reverb on that thing is stellar. Tubes in my rack NOW! What a Face hahahaha If it's like what I expect, it's the best of all the BK Butler Preamps right there...Yeah!!!

I like it better than anything else...the inputs are on the same side as my Mesa Boogie. It'll look very tidy all racked up...and I love tidy!!!

Plus I found out that I'm going to Portland this weekend with one of my best friends and some of his other friends (ex girlfriend and a dude who used to be Warrel Dayne's gutiarist and his girlfriend) to this black metal festival with almost all of my favorite local bands playing--Inquinok (like Emperor), Ceremonial Castings, Drakul, In Memorium, and some others...I'm STOKED!!! Plus Folklife begins tomorrow and I'm going to see the local atmospheric black metal group Fauna and perhaps a band this same friend (also the guy who turned me on to Tube Works stuff and owner of the tasty combo that I adore) went to high school with called Forest of Grey...should be a blasphemous weekend!! cheers
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Toob Works!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toob Works!!!   Toob Works!!! EmptyFri May 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Martin sounds like a very happy boy! Laughing

That's great, Man! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Toob Works!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toob Works!!!   Toob Works!!! EmptyFri May 22, 2009 11:35 pm

Yes he is. I can't wait for that thing to get here...
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Toob Works!!! Empty
PostSubject: Boob Jerks, Messy/Booger, and Sleazey!   Toob Works!!! EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 12:38 pm

So, I have my rig here in all of the essential components!

First of all, the "dirty" amp:

Toob Works!!! P1030968

The grandmaster is very poppy and scratchy. That will have to be fixed. However, the amp is functional, as long as you don't change the master's level while the amp is on. That seems to be the only problem with it. Fantastic, considering that it just hurdled across the country in 9 days in nothing but bubble wrap and packing tape.

However, both channels are pure gold. Exactly the throaty overdrive I've fallen in love with. I had no clue that the green (clean) channel could be so ballsy! The red (higher gain, different tube) and yellow (red and green stacked) pick up where the green channel leaves off. So when I have the TW on green and the Mesa's gain cranked on Channel 2, the two sounds blend really well, but when I switch on the Tube Works' red/yellow channel, it turns into mayhem.

Toob Works!!! P1030967

The Mesa on its own pumps through so much fundamental that even (or should I say especially) when I have it juiced, it still keeps everything together. But when it's soloed (I have it running through the Mesa cab--they match so perfectly), it sounds wicked huge and very Lemmy-like.

As you can tell, I am a fan of the mids.

Toob Works!!! P1030971
Toob Works!!! P1030970
Toob Works!!! P1030969

The Tube Works, when you play a guitar through it with these settings has a great "Slaughter Of The Soul"-type sound. When you plug in a bass, it can turn into something similar to E's sound throughout most of Watain's Casus Luciferi album. When I get everything sussed out, I HAVE TO make a video about this...so I'm not just blowing smoke out of my ***. tongue

And drummer's point of view What a Face:

Toob Works!!! P1030965

My plan for today is to put the Peavey cabs on top of one another (kinda a big deal in its own right. If you've ever tried to lift or move one of these cabinets by yourself...yeah you'd know), put the Mesa cab right next to it, rack up the amps, and stick the rack on top of the Powerhouse. See how that feels. Might make a little bit more space out there. I'm excited!!

I wanted to wait until I got everything on hand before I started really organizing my plan. I need cables. I think I'm going to go with ProCos (21ft) for the instrument cables. Those I'm going to loom together. I need another speaker cable. At the moment, I have two. The reason why I got the 400+ was so that I could run two 4 Ohm cabs together. I'm especially glad I got it now because the MosValve can only handle a 4 Ohm load or higher. So The 400+ will go to the Powerhouse and the Peavey cab on bottom, the TW will go to the Peavey on top.

Also, since both amps have multiple channels and I find myself wanting to switch between them a lot (the different combination of sounds that can be had is really cool!), I want to get or make footswitches for each one. With the 400+, I'm probably going to do an A/B into each input and with the Tube Works, I want to take advantage of the switching system for all 3 channels and reverb that they have set up. So preferably, I'd like to find a clean Tube Works footswitch (shouldn't be too hard) or something similar to do that.

Then, I'll get some effects. Each amp will probably get an ample dose of chorus/flanger, delay, etc. depending on how what sounds where. But I know I'm going in the right direction! Never sounded so good. And I've never heard a jazz pickup sound so killer! I'm perfectly content with how my Hamer's laid out at the moment. Like with the rig, it just needs some adjustments here and there to get it running smoothly.

Now, I'm going to reorganize it and rack up the 400+ (I'm not sure how I'll fit the Tube Works in...I'll have to get someone's advice). I'll take pictures when I'm done! Very Happy

So that's my "bass therapy" for today...just as long as I keep the music cranked, I seem to be doing good! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Toob Works!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toob Works!!!   Toob Works!!! EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 2:10 pm

I got hungry while I was wiring up the cabs Cool Here's the view from the 400+'s perch.

Toob Works!!! P1030973

So this is more or less how I want it to be. I need another rack or (preferably) a larger one (haha). But hey, I got it free with the 400+ so I can't complain. Lifting the Peavey BX cab on top of the other wasn't as bad as I remembered. Just gotta use those knees! The Peavey cabs are sitting on the edge of a rug, so there's about 1/4" between the right and left feet, which causes them to tilt slightly to the right there. I'm not going to worry about it. Just looks kinda wonky. The kinda wide-angle lens in that camera doesn't help things, either.

Toob Works!!! P1030975

It's SWEET!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Toob Works!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toob Works!!!   Toob Works!!! EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 4:01 pm

What can I say, Martin? It's the rig from Hell!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Toob Works!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toob Works!!!   Toob Works!!! EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 4:05 pm

Quite. Very Happy Need some people to drown out, though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Toob Works!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toob Works!!!   Toob Works!!! EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 4:06 pm

"Build it, and they will come". Wink
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Toob Works!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toob Works!!!   Toob Works!!! EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 4:10 pm

Aah hahahaha good one! What a Face
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Toob Works!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toob Works!!!   Toob Works!!! EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Or, in this case, it might be more like "build it, and they will run away screaming!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

Toob Works!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toob Works!!!   Toob Works!!! EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 4:16 pm

More on that later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toob Works!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toob Works!!!   Toob Works!!! Empty

Back to top Go down