Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A rant you want, eh?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkstrike

A rant you want, eh? Empty
PostSubject: A rant you want, eh?   A rant you want, eh? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 9:13 am

Well here's one for ya!

WTF happened to the old forum!?! Goddamit!

Thats a lot of work down the drain, a huge amount of posts, pics of helpful trem stuff, tips, tricks, vids, nonsense( Very Happy ) gone........

I am in a few words, extremly pissed off.

Admittedly, I kinda like this boards mechanics better, but it would have been far prefrable to transfer(or copy/paste) a lot of the old stuff over.

I'm gonna scrawl through my photobuckt, I should have most of the old pics and stuff still, heres hoping!
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: A rant you want, eh?   A rant you want, eh? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:55 pm

Tell me about it, Bill! I was literally sick for a whole day when I learned what had happened AND that all of our nearly 5,000 articles, pictures, videos, stories, etc., all got lost.

I think these folks employ some sort of backup system, in case their main system cuts out. But again, phpBB has an outstanding track record as far as forum hosts go. So I feel pretty safe here now. clown
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: A rant you want, eh?   A rant you want, eh? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:12 pm

Two things Eric,

One, my signature is not showing up, even though I have it set to on, I dunno why.

Two, Google Cache? They keep a backup of almost every website, we might be able to bring some of the old stuff up on a read only bassis, and maybe copy/paste?
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: A rant you want, eh?   A rant you want, eh? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:25 pm

1) Let me take a looksie at why your sig isn't showing up, Bill. Are you sure you have it toggled in your personal preferences?

2) It might be possible to access a Google cache, but I haven't the faintest idea how to. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: A rant you want, eh?   A rant you want, eh? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:28 pm

1, for sure.

2, I'ma have a look, might be worth asking a more computer savvy person too.
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: A rant you want, eh?   A rant you want, eh? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:12 pm

Ok, good news, the whole site is cached, meaning the pages can be brought up.

Finding the links for them all, is not so easy.

But it is possible to attain the important info.
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: A rant you want, eh?   A rant you want, eh? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 1:22 am

That is good to know, man. I agree--a lot of work and virtual good times that are sadly lost. But that's how it is.

I wish I knew more about Google caches or what you guys intend to do with them....
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: A rant you want, eh?   A rant you want, eh? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:28 am

So it can be done? How? I'm really not all that adept at any of this sort of thing, so any help would be great! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: A rant you want, eh?   A rant you want, eh? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:33 am

I'm just as clueless as you, but I feel as though I should know this because us kids are supposed to be in tune with this kinda thing. But since you mentioned it, I learned that such a thing existed, so I'm more knowledgeable already! tongue
Back to top Go down
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: A rant you want, eh?   A rant you want, eh? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:04 am

Yeah, and then, once I figure out how to retrieve all of that data, I then have to figure out how to import it to this new board! scratch
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: A rant you want, eh?   A rant you want, eh? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 6:20 am

Basically, you have to google search for Bass Trem Fanatics and specific threads. Under the link will be a cache option.

I've been looking, and sadly they haven't cached the whole site, and seemingly not the stuff you want(or what I'd expect you want).
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: A rant you want, eh?   A rant you want, eh? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 12:31 pm

In other words, you can find the posts, but only the ones where we talk about soft spots, Dio, and sushi sauce? lol!
Back to top Go down
Darkstrike

PostSubject: Re: A rant you want, eh?   A rant you want, eh? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 1:08 pm

And Metallica!
Back to top Go down
Chowderboots

Chowderboots

PostSubject: Re: A rant you want, eh?   A rant you want, eh? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 1:28 pm

Hmm I see what you mean Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A rant you want, eh?   A rant you want, eh? Empty

Back to top Go down

A rant you want, eh?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bass Tremolo Fanatics :: Thoughts and Musings :: The Rant Room-
Jump to: