Bass Tremolo Fanatics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kramer fretless with trem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

Kramer fretless with trem Empty
PostSubject: Kramer fretless with Rockinger Bass Tremolo   Kramer fretless with trem EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 5:09 pm

Back even before Kahler's were introduced, Kramer had a handful of tremolos made to be fitted onto their line of fretless Carrera basses. When I emailed Kramer asking them about it, they indicated that they couldn't remember exactly, but they thought it was Rockinger that made the trems for them, although no one I spoke to at Rockinger seemed to recall ever doing such a thing for Kramer. Nonetheless, the Carrera did have a tremolo, and I can confirm this absolutely because I actually played one at a Guitar Center back in 1983. It was not extremely functional, and was rather stiff. Kramer quickly abandoned the idea, and the Carrera basses with trem are extremely rare now. The picture was taken from an ad for Kaman strings, and is not too clear. But if you look closely, you can see the tremolo arm coming off the bridge to the right side of the pickups. Kramer fell flat for a while before being picked up by Gibson. Their website is at: www.kramerguitars.com

Kramer fretless with trem KamanadKramerbasswithtremolo-1

Last edited by EricHaven on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
EricHaven
Admin
EricHaven

PostSubject: Re: Kramer fretless with trem   Kramer fretless with trem EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 2:59 pm

It still amazes me what a little web searching can turn up! Wink

I found a guitar forum where a guy had taken the trem off of his Kramer Carrera to re-finish it. The page is a couple of years old, so I don't know if the the guys is still around. But here is his work, and now you can finally see the infamous Rockinger bass tremolo they built for Kramer. Unfortunately, there were only these three pictures showing the trem taken apart:

Kramer fretless with trem Rockingerexplodeda

Kramer fretless with trem Rockingerexplodedb-1

Kramer fretless with trem Rockingerexplodedc
Back to top Go down
http://www.basstremolofanatics.com
sumrnitz

PostSubject: Re: Kramer fretless with trem   Kramer fretless with trem EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:50 am

Hi, just found the forum and my Carrera on here. I see it in another thread on here too:

[url= https://basstremfanatics.forumotion.net/t763-look-what-i-found-on-ebay-i-never-saw-a-trem-like-this#10089[/url]

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kramer fretless with trem   Kramer fretless with trem Empty

Back to top Go down

Kramer fretless with trem
Page 1 of 1